Saturday, 10 December 2011

Another Side of Christmas: Part 1 - Merry


It's Christmas!!

As a lot of you well know, I turn into a proper child around Christmas, mainly about the awesome amount of music that I love to listen to for one month a year. I made two long mixes last year for me and my family, but I thought I'd not only upload them this year, but I have also made two more. Four CDs worth of Christmas music, including classics and hidden treasures. There are two 'Merry' discs, full of Christmas cheer and merriment. And two 'mellow' discs, which are more chilled and wistful. Plus, each part includes audio clips from Christmas TV and movies from all over the place. Enjoy, and have a great festive December.

Download the MP3 here. (Right Click and Save - Just click to listen).

Part 1: Merry Tracklisting:

01. Jethro Tull – Ring Out Solstice Bells
02. Mariah Carey – All I Want for Christmas is You
03. Jimmy Eat World – Last Christmas
04. The Raveonettes – The Christmas Song
05. Bon Jovi – Please Come Home for Christmas
06. Chris Rea – Driving Home for Christmas
07. Andy Williams – Let It Snow
08. Johnny Mathis – Winter Wonderland
09. Dean Martin – Silver Bells
10. Johnny Mathis – When a Child is Born
11. The Two Ronnies – Our Christmas Card
12. Kermit the Frog – One More Sleep til Christmas
13. Barenaked Ladies & Sarah McLachlan – God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen
14. Mike Oldfield – In Dulci Jubilo
15. The Pogues & Kirsty MacColl – Fairytale of New York
16. Paul McCartney – Pipes of Peace
17. Lonestar – Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas
18. Carpenters – Merry Christmas Darling
19. Nat King Cole – The Christmas Song
20. Greg Lake – I Believe in Father Christmas

Contains audio clips from: The Polar Express, Friends, The OC, Father Ted, Gavin & Stacey, Flint Street Nativity, The Simpsons, Bottom, How I Met Your Mother, Love Actually, The Fast Show and It's a Wonderful Life.

No comments: